So this month we started homeopathy. We went to see a lady in WI, who was...hmm...very opinionated and rude...but what remedy she gave us for Alex was amazing so we will probably continue to talk to her. She basically told us that we needed to spank our kids more, including Alex, during his fits. She obviously knows nothing about autism. I wanted to punch her in the face, but whatever! He is doing awesome right now, so THANK YOU MS. A-HOLE!
She started him on a 3 day dose of Arnica, and then a 1 time dose of tuberculinum. Absolutely no more meltdowns!!!! It is amazing! It is almost like he was "out of body" there for a while b/c he would get SO mad about stuff. He would arch his back, scream in a really high pitched voice, pinch, and throwing himself on furniture. AND AND AND he is really starting to potty train! A week after we gave him the doses he started going in the bathroom (BY HIMSELF) to go pee! He doesn't tell us or anything, he just goes! So right now he is 100% in underwear at home (except night time). He wears pull ups to and from school on the bus, but then as soon as he gets to school she puts him in underwear. He has had a few accidents, but mostly stays dry. Today he stayed dry AND went for her on the potty! So exciting. He is also sharing a lot now and understands the concept. Chrissy said he is starting to share with his friends at school. After the arnica he was screaming a little and scripting a lot, but it has subsided now.
Here are a few things he has said lately that have surprised us:
*Me: Thanks Alex. Him: You're welcome mama.
*I teared up the first time he went potty by himself and he wiped my tears and said "no water mama"
*Me: Sorry Alex. Him: It's okay mama" (First day of arnica)
*Him: Open sticks please. (I opened a pack of chop sticks for him) Him: Thank you mama"
*Trying to negotiate with him to eat chicken. He is throwing a fit and then all of a sudden looks at me and says "I go pee on potty"... little stinker...he is already figuring out the tricks to get out of eating! :)
Here is an email that his teacher sent me today:
I am seeing a huge change in him in the classroom, even from this summer! He is just...happier! He is sitting through circle again, starting to interact with peers without prompts, and is more willing to work for me in the classroom. All of these words and sentences are just popping out of his mouth too! I love it!! Total side note and funny story... I had to get stitches in my arm last Thursday night and on Monday when I took him to the bathroom to change into pants he tried to grab onto my arm for balance. I stopped him before he grabbed it and said "ouch" and showed him my arm. You should have seen the look on his face!!! He put his hand to his mouth and yelled "Are you alright?!?" and then said "what happened?" and pointed to it and said "spiders" (which the stitched DO look like spiders!). He then pulled the arm of my shirt back over it to cover it! He was SUPER careful to balance on my shoulder after that, and kept pointing to my arm throughout the day and asking if I was okay. I figured he would have forgotten about it, but the first thing he did when he saw me today was come over and softly touch my arm and ask, "are you okay?" I couldn't believe he remembered! It was pretty much the sweetest thing ever!!! I just adore him!!I will probably just randomly tell stories from here on out or catch up on stuff. I will start on Jake next! :) Here is Alex on his first day of school!
That's awesome! I love it! :D
ReplyDeleteHis favorite Aunt Shelly
Not sure why it didn't show, but there is another one before this that is a catch up one to.
ReplyDeleteomg! my comment just got deleted but you must be beaming with pride, because even I am for some reason lol...must be vicarious mommy-ing lol. I hope to read more progress soon! So adorable how sensitive he is (Lucas is too) and that he's getting potty trained and sharing...thats still a challenge here. More Seago pics please!
ReplyDeletep.s. why stitches?