Overall it went well. We were told that Alex's autism is not genetically based. That was such a relief. I had a hard time not crying in the office. I got more angry as the day went on though, if it is not genetic what caused it then?! I know what it is, but it makes me mad that this happened to my son. I was looking through his baby book the other day and it is just so heartbreaking. Looking at how much he was doing and starting to say to nothing...nothing. It is so confusing and sad. I still can't get over the why him. I try not to dwell on it, but it makes me mad. I want him to have fun with other kids. I want him to communicate with us. There is so much I want for him, but I know one day he will have all of those things.
He is doing great though! He said dada, not the peek-a part but the boo part of peek-a-boo. He is also making the "ssss" sound when you ask him for a kiss. He is still struggling around other little kids, but seems to be getting himself under control better. It depends on how distracted he is! lol! He is now signing 16 different signs which is just great!
I can't think of anything else off the top of my head right now other than he is doing great!!!!
I'm sorry--i try to imagine how frustrating it would be to not be able to see your child having fun with other kids, or struggling with talking, and I honestly can't imagine it. I know that mccarthy book will give you the hope and encouragement you need, because I know you know I don't know anything about it, though I want to help in any way I can. I know some of the suggestions I say are dumb and unrealistic, but have patience with me! :)
ReplyDeleteAlex is improving and learning all the time. And the fact that he is starting to say words and repeat what you say should be a huge boost of confidence. And he is doing so well signing, and better with Lucas. Keep on working with him! See you tomorrow-
Love,
Samantha*
p.s. any news about your other little one?
btw, my word verification thing was:
ReplyDelete"corapp" lol.