Saturday, February 7, 2009

rescue angel

Well I switched Alex over to the liquid NN and started him on a probiotic. He seems to be "trying" to talk more. Not really saying the word, but making the sound associated with the word if that makes sense. I say "what?" and he says "ahh??" He seems to overall be in a pretty good mood. We went to the playgroup again. It still went pretty good, but not AS good as last time. He was a little bit whiner, but part of it is because he wanted to go in the craft room before it was time. He got to eat marshmellows last time so I think he was on the hunt for some more! lol! But he still did good! I am so proud of him! :)

I went to generationrescue.com and found myself a rescue angel. They are other parents who are in your area that have posted their contact info in case anyone just starting out needs help with anything, to talk, support, whatever they are there to help. It just so happens mine lives less than a mile away!!! I contacted her to ask her about a DAN doctor. She has been super helpful already and we haven't even met yet. We were going to meet up on Monday but her son was able to get in to see his doctor sooner due to a cancelation which of course was Monday. So we are in the process of trying to figure out a time to get together. She sounds wonderful and has already invited us to a playgroup, gave me info on the special needs preschool, names of the teachers she really liked, offered a playdate with her friends 2 year old, just everything! Alex's story sounds very similar to her sons and he has had REALLY good success with the diet, so I am hoping we will have the same. She has a lot of books and cookbooks that she wants to let me borrow in regards to the GFCF diet. I think we are going to start that on monday. I am not quite sure, but sometime soon. I have heard so many wonderful success stories and I am ready to have my own!:) I will post a link to some if you are bored and want to read them.

http://www.gfcfdiet.com/Successstories.htm

DAN (defeat autism now) doctors are not covered under insurance so they are very expensive. They believe that autism is caused by
biomedical factors (toxins, immune deficiencies, inflammation in the "gut," and/or a combination of these and other issues). Most "mainstream" doctors will not use this protocol. Anyway, they are expensive and it is unfortunate that most do not accept insurance. BUT I found a guy in VA Beach that is a family practice doctor; his son has autism so he treats a lot of kids with autism using the DAN protocol AND HE TAKES INSURANCE! I was so excited about this! I heard there is a couple month wait list, so I am going to call on Monday to get us scheduled to see him. In the meantime, we are going to start the diet.

Jim had his doctor's appointment on Wednesday. We didn't really get any answers, just the same ole' "I think you are going to be fine" crap. He is going in for a sleep study to make sure he is sleeping good at night and that that isn't what is attributing to his fatigue. He is also having a colonoscopy...he is thrilled! lol!

My cousin Jenni had her baby girl on Thursday. I can't wait for her to post pictures!

I guess that is it for now! Nothing else exciting is going on! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment