
Well I took Alex to a playgroup today. We had tried it a few times before in December and honestly, it was terrible! He was miserable and I was miserable! He seems to have issues with other kids his age. If a little kid even came up and said hi to him he would lay on the floor and cry. Sometimes they didn't even have to talk. Its like he was upset that they were in his bubble or something.
Anyway, I decided he needed to keep going to get used to it. It was a hard pep-talk to give myself, but I did. lol! So we went today and he did AWESOME! We actually went to a different class. It was for kids 7-24 months (he is almost 27). I would say maybe 3 times he got a LITTLE bit upset and covered his face, but other than that he was perfect! There were kids screaming, coming up and playing with him. There were a few times I could tell he was uncomfortable, but he was fine! At one point there were multiple little guys around him (he had the "oh so cool" annoying toy). He even sat down like a big boy and had craft time!
*There is supposed to be marshmellows glued to the top of his "teacup." The only time he cried is when I wouldn't let him eat the ones that had glue on them.

Miss Anita was very nice to him too. She let him pick out a sticker for doing so good today. She even gave him extra marshmellows on the way out the door! We are so proud of him! I did get a little teary eyed leaving the playgroup.. I was so happy!
He also waved bye-bye for the first time in almost a year! I am not sure, but I also think he said "go" the other day. He was running from one end of the room to the other and I was counting "1-2-3 GO" and then he would take off.
Speech therapy is going really good. Every time Monica comes she goes on and on about how much better he is doing.

That's awesome!!!! Good job, Alex!
ReplyDeletetesting....
ReplyDeleteTears are in my eyes! That is so awesome! Way to go Alex (and Momma)!! Alex, you are doing so many great things! You are amazing!!!
ReplyDeleteAmy
I love the teacup!!! I don't blame Alex one bit for wanting to eat the marshmellows. There is no need in wasting a good marshmellow by putting glue on them. It makes them stick to your teeth...than you look silly! :) Kinda like Mr. Wilson in Dennis the Menace!
ReplyDeleteYou guys are doing a great job! Shawna I know how hard it was for you to walk threw that door again, but your preserverence paid off. Keep up the good work and keep on keepin on!
I love you all! Mom
P.S. That is my message that says "test". I was trying to figure out how to do this! tee hee