Monday, October 31, 2011

We are bloomin over here!!!

So we are almost 2 months into ABA and I can't believe the things we are seeing from Alex. He just amazes me every day. HIs birthday is today, so my little guy is an amazing 5 years old! It has gone by so fast and I am so proud of the sweet little boy that he is and how hard he works every day. Here are some stories:

At his birthday party at Grandma Seago's he said "Bye, thanks for the party" as we were leaving.

Getting off the bus the other day he greeted me with a huge smile and a huge "Hi mommy" and a hug!

THe other day Jim and I had been gone and we walked in the door and he said "Hi mommy, hi daddy.

He was outside jumping on trampoline and I was inside and i heard him yelling
"mommy" b/c he needed help getting down.

He has been asking for help unprompted at home and is starting to do it at school.

This is the first year we are enjoying a "normal" birthday. He completey understands the concept. AFter we sing happy birthday to him he knows to blow the candles and even says "make a wish", opens presents and is excited about the presents. It has been such a joy to watch him!

The other day Jake was walking in a different direction than me and Alex and Alex says "Come on Jake."

Anytime he does something that he thinks hurts me (or anyone) he says "sorry mommy, are you okay."

Today he had a friend over and the friend was playing in his "spot" and alex didn't like it and i could hear him yelling "no truck, no truck" b/c his friend was playing with a truck in his "spot."

He can count to 30, say his months, and most days of the week.

He has a freaky photographic memory. I hope he can utilize it for something wonderful someday. He plays bingo with his speech therapist and she will say "do you have a foot? do you have a heart? etc" and I SWEAR he does not look at his sheet AT ALL and he answers her correctly EVERY TIME.

He is writing his name and spelling his first and last name.

OH and we just had parent teacher conference this week, and his mat man was RECOGNIZABLE! I teared up, I couldn't believe it!!!!

The past week I just feel like I am starting to have more conversatoins with him. My heart is so full of pride!! There is so much more, but I am having a brain fart right now. I will try to post some new pics soon!!

Jake is also BLOSSOMING!! He is saying:
mama, dada, alex, gma, papa, elmo, juice, cookie, hotdog, shoes, socks, apple, banana, chips, ball, oh wow, yes, no... so much more! He is just such a light in our life and could not ask for more of my little "brutis." He is also counting, recoginizing letters, and numbers and saying some of them. I have such smart little boys!! :)

1 comment:

  1. how cool! Wow 5 years! I can't wait to see all of you in another week!!! happy bday Alex! How fun to get to see Alex enjoying all the birthday fun---excited for xmas? I am! It's been years since we had a real enjoyable Xmas where we actually had presents and a kid or two to really vicariously enjoy it through :) see you soon!

    ReplyDelete