Tuesday, March 10, 2009

shoes and socks...

This week has been pretty good. Alex seems to be back, at least for the most part. He is signing SO GOOD and started signing shoes and socks (prompted). Today in therapy he did not have any meltdowns, which is rare and he was laughing and playing with her! It was so awesome! I just sat back and watched most of the therapy session! We went on a walk yesterday and he was trying to go somewhere I didn't want him to so I got down eye level with him and said "what did I say?" and the little turd just looked at me and pinched my nose! LOL! You can't say he doesn't communicate! Most of you know, but just in case...Alex is going to be a big brother! We are pretty excited. I am just hoping to use this "free" time I have to work with Alex as much as I can. Jim's appointment is 4/13 ..this is the one that will HOPEFULLY tell us if he is getting out or not. At this point, I really don't care I just want to know. I say that now, but y'all know I am going to be pissed when they say we have to stay in...ha ha! :) As far as anything else... I think that is it! I will enclose a few pics of our day at the park. He really liked feeding the ducks. He apparently thought his bunny needed some fresh air too! There is also a video of him signing and playing with daddy.







3 comments:

  1. He looks so happy and peaceful with you guys! He is really good at signing now--like you said, he doesn't cry and then do the sign when you ask, he really does use the signing immediately to get what he wants. He's smart! I hope we can take walks at that mariner's museum park (i think thats where these were taken right?) I hope Lucas doesn't cry in the car ride there, since Alex will probably be back there with him when you don't have the car, but lucas usually likes car rides and sleeps on the walks lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were actually taken at Newport News park, but we can go wherever. Alex will probably cry just being in the back with him, but hopefully not. We can always hope for a miracle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shawna and Jim, Alex is doing fabulous! Jim is so good with little Alex. He is doing so many different signs in such a short time! Amazing!! Keep up the good work!! I absolutely love the pictures!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete